To remove dirt on soft surfaces (such as curtains, bedding or carpet), use regular cleaning products. If possible, wash in hot water and dry. The same applies to clothing.
Shaking dirty clothes once again so that the virus does not scatter around the room.
How long does the coronavirus live on various surfaces?
According to the Center for Public Health, the virus can remain on various surfaces from several hours to several days:
- Copper (coins, teapots, dishes, etc.) - 4:00;
- Aluminum (drink cans, coins, foil) - 2-8 hours;
- Cardboard (food delivery boxes) - 1 day;
- Stainless steel (refrigerator, sink, kitchen utensils) - 2-3 days;
- Plastic (seats in transport, bottles, buttons) - 2-3 days;
- Wood (furniture) - 4 days;
- Paper and glass (newspapers, magazines, glasses, mirrors, windows, etc.) - up to 5 days
- Ceramics (porcelain and earthenware) – 5 days
- Metal (door handles, jewelry, cutlery, etc.) - 5 days.
At the same time, the virus was found on the Diamond Princess cruise ship 17 days after the passengers got off it. Therefore, data on how long the virus can remain on various surfaces may change in the future. The very fact that the virus can remain on surfaces for a long time, and you need to pay a lot of attention to thorough cleaning.